Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dancin' with Polar Bears... in Mexico

Caritas Australia's Campaigns Coordinator, Alex Engel, writes from the UN World Youth Conference in Mexico.

Hola Amigos!

Third day at the World Youth Conference went off with a bang! We were up in the plenary until midnight last night finishing off the youth declaration and list of recommendations, which were presented to all the government delegates this morning.

We had separate sessions with them all today and I had some good long chats with government youth ministers from Indonesia, the US and South Africa.

I also got to dance with some polar bears (who also happen to share similar views with me about climate change) and check out some other fun activities going on at the conference centre!

I've also been having some interesting chats with delegates from the Pacific region who are doing some great work on gender-based violence, HIV/AIDS education and environmental education and lobbying. Looking forward to cooperating with them in the future and working out how we can bettter support each other (I'm also getting some good dancing lessons on the side!).

Alex : )
More pics

No comments:

Post a Comment